Friday, September 22, 2006

21.09.06 In General



A plumber finally came into our home last weekend. Rob's made the wooden wall ready for the walk in shower. The three squares will become four as the plumber placed the pipes right up the other side, which should have had three squares on the left side to make it symmetrical. However, the right side will now be lit up with small lights behind frosted glass panels, which I think will look fabulous. However, all good plans need tweaking and I've found what I type on here doesn't always go to plan in the end. So watch this space! See we have a radiator on the third floor back bedroom!
Pete couldn't hold the excitement in any longer and has started insulating the roof and floor boarding. Bless him! This room was beautiful and bright when we saw it the first time and now the plaster board is going back up it looks like the old room we loved.
I think our house is finally turning into a home. Only 9 days before our wedding and I thought that it should all be finished by now. But that was my idea back in May, which seems ages ago now and I hadn't banked on contractors being so lackadaisical.
It's been an expensive month and the thousands pour out of the bank account so quickly. Hopefully, next month will be ploddy so far as money goes. All the most expensive stuff is out of the way, but then again, with house renovations something that you could have never of dreamed of, comes up to bite you on the nose!
But I'm looking forward and I know Rob is, to our wedding and the honeymoon away from the stresses that are wedding planning and house renovations. We shall come back all refreshed and raring to go again.
Somehow, I still can't imagine this house to be my home just yet.

No comments: