Sunday, October 29, 2006

27.10.06 The Cellar




The sewerage drains blocked on the S evern Trent water side, which they un blocked on Friday.
The sewerage water seeped underground and came in through the side of the house (we know the weak spots now!) It came in half way down the steps into the cellar.
Thankfully the bricks at the bottom mean't that all the sewerage water seeped through and left silt.
Apparantly because I owned wellingtons it was my job to get up all the silt.
The last picture is 2 bottles of Dettol being poured in which we would hope killed the bacteria. It smelt a whole lot better than before. So with wellingtons on and borrowed N HS gloves I set off scraping up silt. I do think that most of it was just sand as we live on now what was a river bed. But it's almost gone. I jet washed the cellar down tonight knowing that in the morning the water will eventually disappear. It may take a few days but I know that it will be the cleanest, most hygenic cellar in Bawtry!

No comments: