Monday, May 29, 2006

28.05.06 The kitchen



The kitchen has been finished. Note the flowers in a vase on the windowsill. These say this is officially our home!! The flowers are home grown, through no help from ourselves! Also, note the new kettle as the one I used about 25 times to boil up a full kettle of water to wash and scrub the whole kitchen died a death yesterday. RIP! Hopefully the gas boiler man will visit this week.
The reason I had to scrub the kitchen was due to all the lathe and plaster coming down the 10 dustbin chute and some of the 200 years worth of dust landed in the kitchen. I can in some way empathise with any home that has been overcome with volcanic ash. Thankfully, I was buying bridesmaid dresses with my bridesmaids, my mum and mother in law to be when this event occured. My father in law and brother in law to be helped Rob with this happy event.
I like the colour gloss, but it just doesnt go with the orange floor tiles. I suspect that sometime when Ive got a spare day! I shall re-paint it in a cream colour.

No comments: